Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Saturday from?

The rain kept coming down yesterday, in more ways than one. John and Shar came over and wee working on the kitchen. John tried to stand on the counter to get to one part of the ceiling and the entire counter top and John went crashing to the floor! Thank God John was not hurt and the counter top will be able to be refastened.

The Homestead Festival parade was canceled due to the rain. Ben was psyched, Gen was not, but neither were sad for too long.

Just when I was ready to take a nap...encouraged by Bill I might add...we discovered water in the basement. All of Steve's video tapes he used in his classes were soaked as well as some of Kaylyn's old text books and various boxes of stuff I packed up from Steve's office. We moved stuff to "higher ground" and moved water toward the drain with big brooms and a squeegee. It seems like the rain is never going to stop. Perhaps starting to build an ark would be a good plan of action!

Gen and I, along with Becky, Tony, Michael, Donovan, Jill, Adina and Madison went to the High School Musical play. The cast did a great job and we really enjoyed ourselves. After the play Ben watched Daniel and Gen so that Bill and I could go out with Becky and Tony. Fitzgerald's was packed and loud, but we had a great time. We closed the place down! I can't tell you when the last time was that I did that. Bill and I are finding out more about each other and it seems like with the baby steps we have each promised we would take, we may just be "going somewhere!Thanks Becky ;) for butting in and forging forward!!! The time Bill and I spend together feels good yet there are elements of uncertainty due to the grief we are still going through with Kim and Steve's deaths.

No comments: