Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New President

Wow! what a historic day and Steve wasn't here to witness it. I made sure the kids in my class watched the swearing in of our 44th president. We listened to the speech, but much was not registering with an audience of seven and eight year olds. Today was also Jane's birthday and Gen's half birthday. Our morning and afternoon help is changing. Transitions everywhere, and I feel as if I'm trying to keep the tide back with a wall of sand...it's not working and I don't feel prepared to deal with anything. Running away isn't an option....but it sounds good right now. Sleeping through it was what I would have done in the past, but now sleep doesn't come that easily. I'm trying to focus on the support from friends and what a blessing everyone is. I have to keep going forward...turning back is not an option.

No comments: