Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow, Snow and More Snow



It seems as if it has snowed every day for the past week and a half. My saving grace is that we have had periods of blue sky intermittent with the snow showers. It is sooooo beautiful to gaze upon the white fields and the blue sky. There is such peace and the sound...or lack of...is amazing. The temperatures have been bitter cold...not like what is predicted for the next couple of days...high of -5 with wind chills of -30. Now that is COLD!!!!

Getting back in the swing of school and lessons and meetings (regular life!) has gone relatively smoothly. It still takes my breath away when every scheduled item is a go and nothing has been canceled. We do better when we are busy...but a little flexible time would be nice...I think. Gen is back to going to sleep in her own room. She has actually slept all the way through the night 4 times now since the beginning of the new year! Sleep comes and goes for me...depends on what my brain seems to need to work on and the time it decides to get to work...It has a mind of it's own (pun intended!)

Both Wethersfield and Princeton school districts declared a snow day. Too bad, going back to bed was not an option for me. Gen woke up with an earache in the middle of the night...so off to Spring Valley and Dr. Bob in the middle of the snow coming down. The drive went smoothly and Daniel went with us. Not sure what went through Dr. Bob's mind as he was checking both Genevieve and Daniel's ears. The comment was made about weird twists of fate. As he looked down at the desk and ever so gently looked back up at me and nodded. I can tell that he, too, has been touched by the deaths of two very special people.

Jane, my mother-in-law sent an email indicating that she would like to come for a visit. I fear I hurt her feelings in my lack of response to her. I want her to come and spend time with us, be with the kids and me. It's been such a long time and so much has changed...Steve was always here when she/they would come to visit...another thing to do without him.

No comments: