Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Eleven months ago today Steve had his stoke. It's been a crazy week...my mind and emotions have been going all over the place. Looking back, where were we a year ago? We knew Steve was not feeling well. Were the spells more...there were no answers. It was just like any other Valentine's Day...not much. An "I love you" exchanged. Who would have dreamt it would be the last. Did he even give me a card. I don't think I gave him a card. I think there was an email.... How would I do things differently now? Would I be as tired as I am? Would I have this kind of blank feeling...not really an empty feeling, just blank, can't remember, staying in the moment, not rushing it, just being here where I need to be, feeling what I'm feeling and allowing that to be Okay! Not labeling, just letting it be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karin,

I came across your blog through a blog search on Pemaquid Point. It is a very special place. I've painted it many times over the years. It was my mother's favorite spot on the coast. Every time I see it or paint it I think of her. She died in 1995.

I debated whether or not to comment on your blog. I didn't want to come off as trying to sell a painting. But I felt a connection since Pemaquid is also a place for rememebring a loved one to me as well. I wish you all the best.

Brian