Thursday, March 5, 2009

Getting Closer


How do you forgive someone for dying? It's not like he had a choice. Dying was not what he wanted. He always promised that he would be here...forever. We loved each other...we worked hard to get to a place in our relationship where we moved together in a rhythm all our own. It worked...so I thought. Why did it have to vanish? Why did my nice comfortable life have to end? My heart aches...there is this ball in my chest...it's like a tangled up ball of yarn. I try to put it apart and untangle it bit by bit. Will it ever get untangled? It will be a week less than a year ago tomorrow that Steve had his stroke. This past year has been a very long ride on this roller coaster of life. Perhaps it's been a tilt-a-whirl rather than a roller coaster. The ride continues....

1 comment:

Becky Kramer said...

i'm always here for you........